1. What’s In This Policy?
- This Policy Tells You:
- What information we may store about you.
- What we may do with this information.
- The circumstances in which we may contact you.
- Whether we may share your data.
- What you can do about the data that is stored about you.
2. What Is Covered By This Policy?
- This Policy Covers:
- The Radio Gateshead Website
- Radio Gateshead Social Media Pages (Including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube)
- This Policy DOES NOT Cover:
- The data held about you by any 3rd party organisation with which you may enter competitions or other activities.
3. What Steps We Take To Protect Your Data:
- Here at Radio Gateshead, we take privacy extremely seriously. We take all actions possible to protect your data.
- However, it must be remembered that all methods of data storage and data transfer are not 100% secure and safe from threats. If your data becomes compromised, we will take steps to notify you immediately.
4. Types Of Data That May Be Stored:
- When entering competitions, you may be asked to provide data such as your name, age, date of birth, address, etc. This will only be shared with 3rd parties when entering competitions related to that company. All other data will be stored securely on our servers.
- Cookies may be used by this website, or 3rd party content, to improve your experience. For more info on cookies, see Section 13.
- If you mention us or contact us on Facebook or Twitter, your social profile details may also be recorded. If emailing us, these details may also be saved.
- Any interaction with this website will store your IP address in our server logs to prevent misuse and to aid debugging.
- For Radio Gateshead members, your personal details will be saved in accordance with the volunteer agreement.
5. How Long Will We Keep Your Data?
- We will only keep your data while we have any reason to keep it. If we no longer require the data, and it isn’t required by the company with which you have entered a competition, then we will delete the data.
- An exception to this is your IP (Internet Protocol) address which allows your network to be identified. This may be kept for longer for statistical and security reasons.
6. How May We Use Your Details?
- We will NEVER sell your data to anyone else.
- Third Party advertisers may use this data in order to show adverts that are targeted towards you personally.
- Your IP may be stored in order to keep a record of how many unique visits the site has received.
7. When Will We Use Your Information To Contact You?
- We may contact you if you have entered competitions to inform you of a win. In this case, the contacting will usually done via e-mail.
- We will also contact you if your data has been kept longer than it should have or if the data is breached in order to inform you.
8. Will I Be Contacted For Marketing Purposes?
- You would only be contacted for marketing purposes if you have specifically asked to do so. You can unsubscribe at any time.
9. When Would We Share Your Data With Others?
- Your data will only be shared with others if you have entered a competition, and the details will only be shared with the company who are running the competition.
10. What About Under 18s?
- Depending on the type of competition or page content, parental permission may be required or age restrictions may be put into place.
- The rest of the data policy remains the same.
11. Can I Delete My Information?
- If you have shared your data with us, you can request that it is deleted immediately. If a competition has not reached its deadline, this will render your entry void.
12. What Are My Rights?
- Your Have The Right To:
- Request a copy of the information.
- Not let robots make big decisions about you.
- Ask us to correct or delete incorrect information, provided that you can prove it’s incorrect.
- To ask us to stop using your information.
13. How Are Cookies Used On Our Page?
- Essential Function Cookies:
- Two cookies are set by this website to remember your choice of cookie preferences.
- If you choose to disable animation on our website, one cookie will be used to remember this choice.
- For Radio Gateshead members, an additional cookie will be set by this website, used to allow you to login to the website.
- On pages which contain forms, additional cookies will be set by recaptcha.net in order to verify that requests are not malicious. This data may be sent outside of the UK for processing, but is only ever used for security purposes. These pages can be identified by a recaptcha logo shown in the bottom-right of your screen.
- Non-Essential Function Cookies:
- These cookies are set by third party content on our website to allow said content to load, and may also be used to track activity on this and other websites or to save preferences with the third party. This data may be sent outside the UK for processing.
- These cookies can be refused by selecting essential cookies only when visiting our website. By refusing these cookies, third party content will not load on this website, but you will still be able to use the rest of the website as normal.
- The following pages may use non-essential cookies:
- The 'Listen' page may have cookies set by mixcloud.com
- The 'Traffic & Travel: Roads' page may have cookies set by waze.com; embed.waze.com; doubleclick.net; and google.com
- These cookies allow us to track the number of visitors to our site. One cookie is set per visit to monitor page views, and expires at the end of your session. Another cookie is saved on your device to count repeat visitors.
- These cookies contain no personal information about you, your device, or your location. They are only ever processed by us statistically.
- These cookies can be refused by accepting essential cookies only.
- If you change your mind about cookies, you can clear all cookies for this website and/or all cookies on your device via your web browser or settings app. The next time you visit our website, you'll be asked again to select your cookie preference.
- To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies
have been set and how to manage or delete them, visit:
15. How Can I Contact Radio Gateshead?
Updated Friday 30th September 2022